About Cuppa Academy
Melbourne is one of the world’s BEST coffee destinations.
Join us at Cuppa Academy, where we are obsessed with finding the perfect “cuppa” (cup of coffee).
Experience our two hour Melbourne city coffee and café walking tour. Your small and intimate group will be led by a Japanese barista who works in Melbourne. You will visit five premium cafes hand-picked by an expert including a chocolate stopover and sweets stopover with your Japanese barista guide. You will drink enough coffee to “knock your socks off”.
This entire experience is in Japanese language, with interviews of Australian café owners and baristas.
You will learn:
- Best historical and up-and-coming specialty coffee cafes in Melbourne, including hidden kakurega places (we will throw in a fashionable sweets location too), hand-picked by our expert
- History of Melbourne’s coffee scene and multicultural influence
- Story about individual cafes that you visit and the baristas who work there
- Comparison of Australian and Japanese coffee culture including Australian “kohido”
- Types of Melbourne coffee drinks
- The lifecycle of a coffee bean from “crop to cup”
- Hot topics such as sustainability and Fair Trade
- Tips for how to make the perfect “cuppa” for home brewers and professionals
(We will also point out interesting landmarks)
You will receive:
- Enough coffee to “knock your socks off”
- Limited edition souvenier made-in-Melbourne Cuppa Academy KeepCup (retails at AUD 24.00) of your colour choice (please select colour at checkout)
- Coffee discount at our friends Frankie Espresso Melbourne in Tokyo, when you bring your KeepCup. We know you won’t want to stop drinking Melbourne-style coffee once you go home!
- Masterclass Japanese-language guidance by expert Japanese barista
The experience will feel like a relaxed, informative, picturesque, caffeine-fuelled Melbourne afternoon in a small and intimate group, with a helpful friend who happens to know everything about coffee!
Alternatively, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tailored tour. Corporates and school groups welcome.